From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW NXG 1.0 installation error. "Check Internet connection and try again"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I tried to install "LabVIEW NXG Suite Free Evaluation" with no success. The installation file first installed .net, then NI Package Manager. I chose "LabVIW NXG" and "NI-DAQmx" and after clicking on next the error

Invalid checksum for package <path>\ni-labview-ng-1.0-released.nipkg

Please check your  internet connection and try again.

There is no problem with the internet connection at all. Please check the images in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,934 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. I am attempting to install onto Virtual Machine (VM) running Windows 10. Deleting the .nipkg files, to force a new download, didn't fix the problem. The downloaded package files are all 2kB in size. 

This installation was downloaded from the NI web site: http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EVALLVNXG/US

vipkg screenshot.png

David C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,877 Views)

Hi,

I had the same issue. But there is a workaround that worked for me.

What you need to do is to:

1. Close NI Package Manager

2. Go to C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Downloads\

3. Double-click on ni-labview-ng-1.0-released.nipkg and install the package

4. Double-click on ni-labview-ng-1.0-released-critical.nipkg and install the package

5. Restart NI Package Manager and try installing LabVIEW NXT again

Hope this can help you!

Nikita.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
Message 3 of 9
(9,840 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JeffreyH

@NikitaProrekhin wrote:

Hi,

I had the same issue. But there is a workaround that worked for me.

What you need to do is to:

Thanks, Nikita. That worked. Pretty sure I ran the ni-labview-ng-1.0-released-critical.nipkg and the installation failed. I retrieved ni-labview-ng-1.0-released.nipkg from the trash and re-ran it. That seemed to fix the problem when I followed your steps.

David.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,825 Views)

The install errors should be resolved now for those who haven't used the workaround. There was a file that wasn't publishing correctly after it was updated. Thanks for the report!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,759 Views)

I tried what you said but it says "Package is already installed".

After that , I restarted Package Manager but different error pops up "NI Certificated Installer".

See attachments.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,756 Views)
Solution
Accepted by nik35324

One other potential source for the error is a IT policy too be a bit aggressive with "Protection" settings.  I was able to change the add "https://ni.com" to the trusted sites and resolve my issue

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 7 of 9
(9,624 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,455 Views)

This can also be the cause for this:

-LESS SPACE AVAILABLE

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,970 Views)