From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Measure Period of a waveform

Hello. I am doing measurements, specifically I measure current of a motor and record data in a csv file. I have a square wave signal on a dedicated pin where I can measure square wave that will give information of the speed. I am trying to measure directly period of the square wave in a LabVIEW so I don't need to calculate it in a software. But the problem is that I can only measure 1 period , but not continuously over the whole signal. I was trying to use NI Scope Multi Fetch Measurements I choose there Period but I can only record 1 period. Can you please help me . Thank you. I added part of the VI that is responsible for data acquisition

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(196 Views)

Well you don't have a While Loop around your program. So it is only going to run once and exit.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(159 Views)

But when I extract the waveform components I don't need a loop. So, I put it in a loop, how I should wire it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(120 Views)