From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Initializing Plug Ins takes too long time.

Hi Sam,

thanks again for your reply. The solution to start LabVIEW without a network connection can be an option when working directly with test system. Normally, i am working per-remote. So, i would like to know if there is a way to avoid LabVIEW communicating with license server everytime it's started.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,528 Views)
No, because if you're using the license manager it requests a license on launch.

The only other option you have is to use VLM to create a disconnected license and then remove your license server from license manager on your machine.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,523 Views)
We use a license server at work, and if I try to start LabVIEW at home it takes a very long time. Like Sam, I have to delete the volume license server address from License Manage to get LabVIEW to start quickly.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,519 Views)

Hi, rajamodol:

I'm finding your avatar to be extremely annoying and has the opposite effect on me than you intended.  It makes me NOT want to view the post; indeed, this is the first time I ventured into one of your posts.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not ranting or insisting that you change it just for me.  It just makes me want to scroll your posts off the screen to avoid the blinking, and I thought you might be interested in my feedback.

Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,502 Views)

Hi Billko,

sorry, if it is annoying you. So, i have changed it.

Hope now you can read my message and also come with some feedback.

Thanks,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,497 Views)

Hey, I appreciate that you changed the avatar.  I appreciate it A LOT.  More than a lot.  I actually had to look away from the screen when I first encountered it.  In retrospect, maybe it is because I had epilepsy as a kid and it still triggers a faint response that is registered now as just an annoyance but not an episode.

I am glad you have been presented with some possible solutions on the real topic of your post.  I like the idea of removing the server.  I hope you will be able to resove this!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,489 Views)