LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Executable Detects Windows Kiosk

Solved!
Go to solution

I am creating a LabVIEW executable that will be the sole application running on a Windows 10 computer in kiosk mode.  I would like to check that the computer is actually running in kiosk mode.  Does anyone know if that's possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,829 Views)

Then this isn't really a LabVIEW question... yet.  Step one is to figure out if you can do this at all.  Once you figure that out, then you can figure out if you can do it in LabVIEW (and we can assist you in setting it up).  It may require a .NET call or something, is my wild guess.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,815 Views)

did you found the way to execute a labview app .exe using windows kiosk mode?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,499 Views)

You can point kiosk mode to your LabVIEW exe.  I had specifically wanted to know if it's possible to detect kiosk mode.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,460 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pulidotech

Calling of SHQueryUserNotificationState() should give you that information. If the returned value is anything else than "Accepts Notification" or "Quiet Time" then it would be in maximized mode (usually this would be "Busy").

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 5 of 6
(2,447 Views)

I finally got a chance to try that out and it worked.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,386 Views)