LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Driver for Chemyx OEM Syringe not working

When I run the basic and advanced examples from this. I get an error: 

Error message.png

I am using the correct baud rate (38400) and port because I am able to connect with it through their start/stop vis. It looks like the first error is coming from the "Get status" function right before the case structure there. It is giving me error code 85 which is originating from the extract_value_from_string vi. I'm not sure how this program works so I was hoping someone here would be able to help me troubleshoot this example and get it working.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,709 Views)

Probably best to ask the people who made it. Maybe the driver expects a newer or older version of the device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,642 Views)

I emailed them before I posted here, I'm not sure if they offer technical support though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,628 Views)

I have found that a lot of "Manufacturer" provided drivers/examples need to be modified to either work or get them to work how you want them to work.

Since you have the source code for the examples I would see if you can fix it yourself.  It could also be a good learning experience as well.  But I have never used the equipment you are asking about so it is hard to say what the problem is.

Make sure to go through any documentation you can find about the examples and if you get lucky they included some error code information.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,622 Views)

@_Bryan wrote:

I have found that a lot of "Manufacturer" provided drivers/examples need to be modified to either work or get them to work how you want them to work.

That's very lame of them.

I haven't used it either, I was handed the syringe pump and an extremely hard to read vi that was created by another undergraduate two years ago and then told to recreate it for our current project. The problem is I can't follow the block diagram for the life of me so I set out to find someone else who is using it and stumbled across the manufactures page/examples, which is easier to read, but doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,610 Views)

So does the VI you attached communicate and work with the equipment?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,604 Views)

@atokad wrote:

I emailed them before I posted here, I'm not sure if they offer technical support though.

Not blaming you (not really up to any of us) but...

I don't think this qualities as technical support. They sell their stuff under certain conditions. One of them is a working LabVIEW driver. If it does not work, they don't meet there selling conditions. That's warranty. Exactly the same as a broken device. It does not work as it was sold. Their problem, they should fix it... You can ask your money back if they don't deliver.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,596 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote: 

Their problem, they should fix it... You can ask your money back if they don't deliver.

Good luck with that! 😛

I was working with some code for a colleague's Chemyx pump a couple of weeks ago - he had some peculiar workarounds to get their driver working (I'm not sure if they were the same issues you're having).

I made a few small changes and it's not too difficult to follow now. I'll try and get that code zipped up and post it here - it might be helpful, although I'm not sure if it's the same pump or not...

Edited to add zip file. It's not particularly exciting on reflection - perhaps it won't illustrate anything interesting... 😕

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,591 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote: 

Their problem, they should fix it... You can ask your money back if they don't deliver.

Good luck with that! 😛

And if you succeed, it won't even solve the problem. You still won't have a working syringe...

But if you call them, don't tell them you have a support question.Tell them it does not work, you want your money back, you'll never buy anything from them again. Let it escalate (let your boss call their boss), etc... That might eventually get you better support. Or it will close the door for good... Fixing it yourself is starting to sound pretty good.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,584 Views)