LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Development Environment Crashes When Uploading to a cRIO-9057

I have a labview project that uses a cRIO-9057. When I make a change to my real time VI and upload it, my labview development environment crashes as soon as the progress bar on the "Deployment Progress" window finishes.

lv crash screen.png

However, once I re-start LabVIEW and re-upload my VI to my cRIO, everything works fine. I can stop and start the VI as many times as I like until I save a change to my VI, then LabVIEW will crash again as soon as I try to upload my code.

I have not had this issue with other labVIEW projects on this cRIO. I have tried formatting my cRIO and deleting and re-creating my project (although not my individual VIs), but this has not helped. Is this a known issue? What else can I try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,460 Views)

Hey nkraemer,

I'm sorry to hear about the LabVIEW crashes. I can imagine that it is frustrating, especially since the workaround is quite involved.

Would you mind posting the LabVIEW Error Log file from your recent crashes? Also, this may be easier to troubleshoot in a service request. I'd recommend opening up a new SR with National Instruments and continuing with an engineer over the phone.

Ryan B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,413 Views)

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your response and sorry about the late reply. I've attached the log and dump file from my latest crash. Can you tell if there is a misbehaving VI or something else from them? I will follow up with a service request with NI, but I thought it would be good to open this up to the public in case anyone else has similar issues.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,391 Views)

Hey nkraemer,

Thanks for sharing your crash files. I'm going to go ahead and work with the service request you and your colleague opened, so we can communicate faster. Feel free to post any updates here for the public to benefit from it as well. Great idea!

Best regards,

Ryan B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,380 Views)

Hello everyone

I want to follow up on the solution finding as I face the same troubles (I cannot tell if the report looks the same).

What is/was the reason for the crash in this particular case and is it a more general issue?

Thanks for any information on that.

BR Georg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(626 Views)

Hi BR Georg,

I dug through my notes and it appears the issue was related to a number of large charts in my VI. (10 charts @ 43,200 max points each). I was unable to find what the final resolution was unfortunately. Possibly I simply switched to a different architecture without the charts, but I no longer recall.

Hope that helps,

Nicholas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(594 Views)