LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Developer Suite 2010 32 bit crashes on Windows 7 64 bit

I have a new Laptop, fresh install.

Windows 7 64 bit machine

Loaded LabVIEW 2010 10.0 32 Bit onto the machine.

I get the initial LabVIEW 2010 Splashscreen, showing make company and license then I get the following error:

LabVIEW 10.0 Development System

LabVIEW 10.0 Development System has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,485 Views)

Hi N4KSS,

Can you try to repair the LabVIEW installation and see if this helps to resolve the issue? Here is a KB titled "How can I Repair my LabVIEW Installation?" that describes the process.

Also, is the installation being performed from a LabVIEW 2010 CD or from a downloaded installation?

Milan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,452 Views)

Install is via a DVD.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,443 Views)

Did you try a repair, as suggested? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? Did you make sure to turn off your anti-virus while installing? Did you reboot after installation? Do you have other background programs running? If so, did you try turning them off? Try copying the contents of the DVD to your hard drive and installing from there. It's not unheard of to have corruptions creep in due to reading from DVDs, especially with problematic drives (I had one of these on one computer and could never get proper installs from discs).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,438 Views)

I have my IT guy working on this also. He was able to do a fresh install on a PC yesterday and it worked. Then he created a new system and let it sit overnight to get all the windows updates and dot net fixes and then it crashes just the way mine is doing.

He now thinks it is one of the updates or .net fixes that is the problem. Good luck to him on finding that. I may have to wipe my PC and install fresh and hope the updates do not kill it afterwards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,435 Views)

I would suggest doing the Windows updated first, and then installing LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,432 Views)

He loaded Labview after all the fixes and updates like I did and thats when it crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,429 Views)