From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW DSC module (Client VI)

Hi guys,

I am a Mechatronics student and new to LabVIEW. 

I am currently doing an assignment using the DSC module. I have to create a server VI that simulates a room Air Temperature & Humidity control unit and a client VI based on it.

I am happy with my Server VI (Although I'm sure it's very basic and probably a lot of better ways it could be done) but I'm having issues running my client.

I didn't have any errors while creating my I/O's or Shared Variable Libray so I'm assuming I must have an issue with my code.
Below is a screenshot of my Server Block Diagram & the Client Front Panel + Block Diagram.
When I initially run the client, I get values back from the previous 6-days but my current status doesn't update (Current temp & boolean alarms Etc.). Also if I run the client a second time, the previous 6-day values don't change & remain the same. 

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Regards,
David.

Server VI Block Diagram:
DavidK12_0-1619454033186.png

Client Block Diagram:
DavidK12_1-1619454033168.png

Client Front Panel:
DavidK12_2-1619454033189.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,145 Views)

Hi, may I confirm with you some details first?

1. Just a reminder: It's recommended to use application directory and build path to generate correct path. I notice that you just put ...\ in your VI. 
  2. "the previous 6-day values don't change & remain the same. " means client front panel not working or other means?
  3.  You may check the IP address, firewall settings etc since you use web service. 

Hope my suggestions can give you some inspiration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,086 Views)