LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LabVIEW Critical Bug Report] Resizing (Removing an Event from) a Register For Events Node Crashes LabVIEW

The attached VI shows the problem in the most simple situation I could find: resizing a Register for Event Node can crash LabVIEW.

The situation illustrates the case where there is one node outside the Event structure and one inside. A minimum of 2 events need to be registered, the idea being that RESIZING one Register for Event node should remove all corresponding events inside the Event Structure(s), as illustrated below:

Screen Shot 2016-08-20 at 10.57.20.png

As a matter of fact, it does work... sometimes (and only once).

If you are lucky, you will go through step 1-2 without crashing LV. In that case, jump to case 4 (Undo everything and retry). I have never failed to crash LV so far (2016, 64 bit).

The first time it happened to me was on the first attemp, in a large application. Autobackup saved my day that time.

Message 1 of 7
(3,403 Views)

Hello X.,

Thank you so much for bringing this LabVIEW Bug Report to our attention. I have been able to reproduce the issue on my end and have submitted a Corrective Action Report to our R&D team regarding this issue. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a workaround for this issue. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,295 Views)

Thanks. Can you provide the CAR number for future reference?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,292 Views)

duplicate (slow -buggy?- site).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,292 Views)

The CAR number for this issue is: 601807.

Thank you,

Gabby
National Instruments Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,285 Views)

BTW, there is a workaround: first delete any connections to the element in other nodes in the Event Structure before resizing the node.

That's how I got our of this nightmare situation in the first place in my rather complex project...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,272 Views)

CAR 601807 was fixed in LabVIEW 2017. See the 2017 LabVIEW Bug Fix List for details: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53584/en/

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,743 Views)