LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Create Installer Generate Preview Fails (2018 SP4)

I have seen many posts on this issue, but I have not seen any systematic resolution to the issue.  When Trying to generate an installer, I get the following error:

Error generating preview for EXE.

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

Error -1 occurred at CDK_Utility_GenerateErrorCluster.vi -> IB_Source_Container.lvclass:Report_Preview_Error.vi

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-1) or for its hexadecimal representation (0xFFFFFFFF).

Then, when I  go into the EXE build, and generate the preview, here is the error I get

LabVIEW cannot find a file that is a dependency of a Startup, Exported, or Always Included VI.

File Not Found: C:\BFolder\AFolder\LVLIB_AF_PPL\Actor Framework.lvlibp\1abvi3w\vi.lib\ActorFramework\Stop Msg\Send Normal Stop.vi

The missing file might be referenced by one of the libraries included in the build or by the file - Main.vi. To fix this issue:

- Open all Startup, Exported, or Always Included VIs, recompile them (CTRL+SHIFT Click the Run arrow) and save them to update their dependencies.

<Call Chain>Error 7 occurred at AB_Engine_HandleLinkErrors.vi -> AB_Engine_Update_Source_from_Linker.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:CalculateDependencies.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:CalculateDependencies.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Cached_Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_Page_Preview.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x7) File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.

Here is my problem... I understand that in some vi some place, it is looking in the wrong location for the file, which is no longer in the 1abvi3w directory because I took people's advice and removed the checkmarks to include all...  

My project is fine.  It demonstrates no issues with directories or unlocated files.  Where in my literally 1000+ vi's that may reference this vi should I look in order to find the one that has the bad reference to the vi?  In C#, and other languages, I have the StackTrace, which will allow me to find the item that is causing the error.  With literally 1000+ potential offenders, it is impossible to take each one and press "CTRL + Shift + Run" to determine if this is the one of 1000 that might be the real offender.  By the way, pressing CTRL + Shift + Run on Main.vi does not fix the problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,260 Views)

Reply Deleted

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,567 Views)