LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Crashes when opening project

Hello,

I am rewriting a project in LabVIEW 2017 32bits, it used to work in 64bits. But one dll used for hardaware communication is not available in 64 bit version.

My project is based on multiple levels of PPL whith different level of dependencies. Parents class are containe in higher level PPL.

One of the projects to build a PPL cannot open any more. It used to crash and generate a report but now it is not even caught by the crash report. Sometimes it asks me when If I want to handle the crash when labView restarts.

I've attached the code of the project. The 3 PPL required to compile this project and a crash report.

I've run out of things to try to continue investigating. The project that I can't open is \plugin Generique\Plugin Generique.lvproj

Using LabVIEW 2017 32bit

Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,400 Views)

Did you try to clear the compile cache?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,374 Views)

I didn't know this option before you mentionned it.

I've just cleared the compile cache and reloaded my project, this doesn't change anything the project doesn't load and labVIEW crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,368 Views)

This could get ugly.  If you use a repository for your software - as everyone should - it could be that your project file got merged and is now corrupt.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,357 Views)

Yes I am using a repository. But I am the only one using and I didn't use merge functions.

Even starting a new project and adding my elements one by one,(PPL, lvlib) is fine. as soon as I try to reopen the project, I have a crash.

This represents 3 month work and going back in my repository does not help.

It seems to me the problem is with the PPL as the report suggests that the vi are broken inside the PPL.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,336 Views)

I just thought I'd mention the project file merge thing because once I forgot and accidentally worked on the same project from two different places without updating, and SVN ended up merging the two versions of the project file.  Fortunately it was such a minor change that I was able to choose one version over the other and fix it.  (Now SVN knows to treat the project file as a binary.)

I hope it's not too painful to fix.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,331 Views)

@didje007 wrote:

Yes I am using a repository. But I am the only one using and I didn't use merge functions.

Repos can try to do you a favor and merge for you... Esp. files that are recognized as text, like .lvproj, .lvclass, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,325 Views)

@didje007 wrote:

This represents 3 month work and going back in my repository does not help.

So what used to work isn't working anymore?

That makes me thing the code is OK, and it's your environment...

Is everything in your repo, or are the PPLs\lvlibs outside of this repo?

You could of course create a new project, and then add only one thing, save, check. Maybe you'll find out which element causes the crash.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,322 Views)

Those logs are pretty incomprehensive. but "Journal.lvlibp: Space Constant.vi"* keeps popping up.

Not sure what to do about it, but if you can rename, delete or revert it somehow, it's worth a shot.

* Witout the space between : and S, but that shows up as :S...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,320 Views)

Space Constant.vi is not one of my VI,

It seems to be included in Get LV Class Path.vi

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,314 Views)