From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Community Edition; NI-MAX without [Create New]- Button for Configuring Simulated Hardware

Solved!
Go to solution

On August, 2020 I will start my new job as a Laboratory Test Engineer.

As my LabView knowledge needs to be refreshed I would like to repeat LabVIEW Core1 & 2.

Thanks to  National Instruments very much for providing these currently because of Covid-19 for free!

Because of Covid-19 I'm not allowed to enter the new company yet, so I can't get a valid software license and therefore I was recommended to do the trainings with the LabVIEW Community Edition, which I currently have installed on my private laptop.

Now I also don't have a service contract at hand, although I think my new company would have one, so I can not make an official service request. Therefore I try to solve my problem now this way:

In the Training LabVIEW Core1 in the 1st lesson in chapter 'Configuring Simulated Hardware Demonstration' will be shown where and how to install the simulated hardware. Unfortunately, the described [Create New]-button does not exist when I call NI-MAX:

What am I doing wrong; do I have to install any drivers and if so, where do I find them and how do I install them?

Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards

Urs

NIMAX_DevicesAndInterfaces_Without_CreateNewButtonNIMAX_DevicesAndInterfaces_Without_CreateNewButton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,278 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Urs

Check what is under the Software branch of that tree.

If I had to guess, you haven't installed any DAQmx drivers onto your PC yet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,270 Views)

You're completely right I just forgot to implement the NI-DAQ-Driver.
Thank you. Best Regards. Urs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,207 Views)

I have the EXACT same problem!

Can you point me (a link please) to exactly which driver(s) you needed to install? 

This isn't installed automatically when you do a "Community Edition" install?  It did put in NI MAX, but like you, I've got no "Create button" and that really hampers progress in Core 1.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,037 Views)

@jfbvictor wrote:

I have the EXACT same problem!

Can you point me (a link please) to exactly which driver(s) you needed to install? 

This isn't installed automatically when you do a "Community Edition" install?  It did put in NI MAX, but like you, I've got no "Create button" and that really hampers progress in Core 1.  

Thanks!

Community edition does not install any drivers.  In fact, I don't think even a default Pro install with drivers will install DAQmx onto your PC.  I believe this is a separate download.

Google DAQmx Download to find the download site.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,030 Views)