LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW CLI can't execute Get Build Specification Version (path).vi

Solved!
Go to solution

We need to use the LabVIEW CLI scripting to access version information from build specification in *.lvproj.

There are Get and Set version information VIs available for build specifications and I am trying to run these VIs (from CLI) to access the build version and set the build version.

I am using LabVIEW CLI 2018 to perform action as RUN VI.

There is no specific information is given on how the order of connector pane terminals should be for constructing a command.So, I reffered the context help for the order information and constructed the command.

image.png 

"LabVIEWCLI -OperationName RunVI -VIPath "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\AppBuilder\AB_API_Simple\Get Build Specification Version (path).vi" "My Computer" <Build Specification Name> <Project Path> -PortNumber  <PORT>"

This results in an error

IssueRunningGetBuild.png

The other way I tried

"LabVIEWCLI -OperationName RunVI -VIPath "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\AppBuilder\AB_API_Simple\Get Build Specification Version (path).vi" <Project Path> <Build Specification Name> "My Computer" -PortNumber  <PORT>"

But this also results in same error.

Sample LabVIEW project and CLI command is added below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,672 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MangeshD

From the LabVIEWCLI documentation, it appears you need to package the VI you wish to run in a wrapper that has a specific connector pane:

Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 3
(2,649 Views)
Thanks..! It worked.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,619 Views)