From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.5.1 Student edition - differences between Mac and Windows version?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've just bought the student version of LabVIEW 8.5.1 and am using Mac OS X 10.4.11. What are the biggest differences between the Mac and Windows versions since the box came with a Mac installer CD and a Windows installer DVD?

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,890 Views)
Off the top of my head, I think the difference between the Mac version and Windows version, is support for Windows Activex and .NET Control. Not really aware of any other differences between the two.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,861 Views)
Solution
Accepted by thomas_p

Looks like you got the LabVIEW Student Edition Software Suite DVD.

It comes with 6 toolkits, and from the product spects, some (or all?) of those are windows only (at least in 8.5), e.g.:

• Digital Filter Design Toolkit
  • Modulation Toolkit
  • SignalExpress

Since you have 8.5, you are also missing a few basic things that only recevied MAC support in 8.6, such as Mathscript, Control design and Simulation, and Native 3D graphs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,844 Views)

Yes I do have the student version and Mathscript is the one thing I need. And it seems that LV8.6 will be intel-only on Mac - or at least Mathscript, so I'm out of luck there as well.

Guess I'll have to go out and buy a Windows computer from somewhere... 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,833 Views)