LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.2 VISA write error in VXI

I use a VXI mainframe E8404A (Agilent) that includes 11x E8311A units 1x E8311A unit and command module for GPIB.
We use the hpe...dll drivers with LabVIEW8.2 and windows XP without problems, "*IDN?"  is ok
MAX recognize all the units.

No i want to write a driver with VISA for use in future for LabVIEW2010 and windows 7. 

I use and write it now under LaBVIEW8.2 and windows XP:
I use VISA open and want to write with VISA write the "*IDN?" etc. But i get the error -1073807257 from the VISA write.
If i use only VISA open and close then no error occurs and the front indicator on the units are lighting up (paas for all units).

I tried with "*IDN?\n" or "*IDN?\r" use "\"  or "*RST"code but again error occurs.
Every VISA write command behind open gives an error.
If i use property aftyer VISA open  to read back fi "General Settings:Slot" that works good.

Remarks:
VISA write  "*IDN?" to mainframe and command module works good.

I've attached vi with with "*IDN?" ( testidClockcard3.vi)

and one that reads a lot of info (this passes) ,(testidclockcard12.vi)

Please advise?

Kind regards,

Bernard Arts

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,183 Views)

Hi,

I did never get an answer about the question below.

Now we are using windows7 with hpe8306a_32 (32 bits dll drivers from Agilent), and that works for many years.

We are using LabVIEW 2011, because it's working and we have also test systems in other countries.

I use now Windows 10 (64 bit) with labview2011 (32bits) and that works.

But it doesn't work with the 32 bits dll drivers form Agilent (VXI).

I try to create with VISA (SCPI commands) as described in the past (expect not depending on the 32 bits dll).

We are using a VXI system and I see that the clock card unit led goes on when send  the VISA open , but get an error at VISA (SCPI command  *CLR).

How can I solve this?

Kind Regards, Bernard Arts

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,626 Views)