From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 6.00 installation error 1322

When I install LabVIEW a error occurred just before copy files:

Error 1322. A portion of the folder path " exceeds the length allowed by the system.

This error occur even I choose to install LabVIEW with no components selected in Custom Installation.

I have tried MSI cleanup and uninstall/reinstall NI-VISA and NI-488.2, while it won't help.

Could you help me?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,739 Views)
Hello km9394 �

It appears you are receiving error 1322 while installing LabVIEW 6.0. What operating system is this occurring on? Make sure you have administrator access to the OS. What MSI cleanup utility did you use? Did you use MSIBlast?

If you had administrator access and MSIBlast did not help, a possible solution may be to manually clean the registry of National Instruments references.
Go to Start >> Run and type "regedit"
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/National Instruments/Common_Installer
Delete the related Registry Keys for the components you wish to remove.
Note: The keys will appear with similar names and have a long number/letter code appearing after initial text.

If these suggestions do not solve your problem, please let me know and I
will look into the matter again. Have a great day!

Becky B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Becky Linton
National Instruments
Field Engineer
Office: 734-464-2463
Cell: 248-709-2822
Email: becky.linton@ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,739 Views)
Hello Becky,

Thanks for you reply to my question.

I found reg key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/National Instruments/Common/Installer" and there is no entry of LabVIEW except a key in the "Product". However it have no effect after i delete this key.

The MSI Clean up utility I used is provided by Microsoft. It enable user to delete windows installer entry software by software.

I have not use MSI Blast, and I can't find its information from web? is it freeware?

Thank you very much, indeed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,739 Views)

Hi km9394 -

I've attached the MSIBlast Utility. Here are instructions for its use:

How to use the MSIBlast Utility:

1. Download the attached file, msiBlast.exe, and save it to the desktop or local hard drive.

2. Double click on the downloaded msiBlast.exe file to run the executable.

3. Choose the Show NI Installers Only selection.

4. Using (Ctrl+Left Mouse Click) select all National Instruments Software that appears in MSIBlast.

5. Uninstall all of the National Instruments MSI Registry entries.

6. Optional: The Repair option will open the National instruments Installer Program and run the repair option within the installer.

7. Maintenance Mode will open the Installer Program and allow the user to modify the installation. To o
pen the installer do not enter anything in the Command Line Arg? Dialog box.

Please try this and let me know if it works for you.

Becky B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Becky Linton
National Instruments
Field Engineer
Office: 734-464-2463
Cell: 248-709-2822
Email: becky.linton@ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,739 Views)

kindly send me link for msi blast.exe. i want to uninstall my labview 2011 and it is not under add remove programe so i have to un install using msi blast.

please help

Usman Asghar

Instrumentation Engineer 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,663 Views)

www.nrtc.com.pk wrote:

kindly send me link for msi blast.exe. i want to uninstall my labview 2011 and it is not under add remove programe so i have to un install using msi blast.

please help

Usman Asghar

Instrumentation Engineer 

Please do not create duplicate posts. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/send-me-link-to-download-of-msiblast-to-unistall-labview-8-6/m-p/217...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,658 Views)