From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2021SP1 Win11 (I know currently not supported) Webservices with application webserver

Dear Community

I have just a principal question.

Since Labview 2020 I have some problems with the Labview webservices on my build applications.

When I install my applications via the application builders installer, it happens that my webservices are not working.

To do some investigation on the origin of the problem I also started to play around with Windows 11 to be prepared if some customer is updating his windows system "accidentialy ;)"

My basic test project is the "Weather Monitor" example for webservices shipped with LabVIEW.

It turned out that the webservice is working on WIN10 (but I have no clean installation where no previous labview product was installed)

Just when I use my clean WIN11 it turns out that it does not work (see errors log of webservice below)

My basic question is now if this issue is just related to the fact that windows 11 is not supported or that the system is clean.

I am asking this question because we observed a few month ago that whe also had some problems with LV2021 webservices on clean Windows 10 instruments.

Here is my error log. Do you have any suggestion what to try to solve this.

appweb: 2: Configuration for Embedthis Appweb
appweb: 2: ---------------------------------------------
appweb: 2: Version: 4.1.0-0
appweb: 2: BuildType: Release
appweb: 2: CPU: x64
appweb: 2: OS: windows
appweb: 2: Host: DESKTOP-2ED2VPT
appweb: 2: Directory: D:\test\Web Services - Weather Monitor\Weather Simulator
appweb: 2: Configure: bit configure --platform windows-x64
appweb: 2: ---------------------------------------------
appweb: 2: Loading native module C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2021\mod_nisessmgr.dll
appweb: 2: Loading native module C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2021\webserver\modules\mod_niauth.dll
appweb: Error: NI Auth Module -- Caught exception while loading NIAuth shared library
appweb: Error: Initialization for module niAuthModule failed
appweb: Error: Error with directive "LoadModule"
At line 15 in D:\test\Web Services - Weather Monitor\Weather Simulator\niembeddedws.conf

appweb: 1: Can't configure the server. Error -19 while parsing configuration.
appweb: 1: Couldn't start LVAppwebInterface

appweb: 3: Normal exit.
appweb: 3: Exiting
appweb: 2: Create worker.1, pool has 1 workers. Limits 0-25.
appweb: 3: Normal exit.
appweb: 3: Exiting

The fundamental problem seems that there is some problem with the authentification. 

Are there any ideas about this ?

Thank you in advance.

Gernot Hanel
IONICON Analytik Gesellschaft m.b.H.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(957 Views)

Have you tried to start LabVIEW with a "Run as administrator"? (Not the same as being an administrator!).

Also, does (temporarily) disabling the firewall help?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(934 Views)

Yes I also tested with diabled firewall and testet with run as administrator.

I alos checked the running services and wondering why NI Application Web Server is running but

NI Application Web Server (64-bit) is disabled.

I stopped NI Application Web Server then disabled it.

Enabled NI Application Web Server (64-bit) and tried to start , this leads to the message

NI Application Web Server (64-bit) started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

It looks a little bit if there is a 32--64bit problem or is this somehow to be exlained when I am using a 64bit system and all is 64bit

Gernot Hanel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(906 Views)

Just for additional information.

I did the same with a 100% clean windows 10 installation.

still errors in the log. the NI auth module makes my errors.

Gernot Hanel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(864 Views)