LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2020 runtime engine no longer has working "About" menu.

So I moved some of my project from 2015 to 2020 and notice the following: To satisfy NI copyright requirements, I am using a custom runtime menu that simply retains the stock Patents... and About... entries. Works fine in 2015!

After building these in 2020, the "About ..."  menu is still there, but if I click on it, nothing happens. Curiously, the "Patents..." still works fine. (Same for two different applications!).

nothingaboutit.png

Just wondering if anyone got the "about" menu working in the 2020 runtime engine?

In summary, the "Help...about labview ...." menu item:

• Works fine in the development system
  • No longer works in built application. Selecting the entry does absolutely nothing.

I'll post an entry in the bug thread once we figure that this is a reproducible bug and not just me. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,606 Views)

Hi Altenbach

I can also replicate this with a single VI EXE in LV 2020, can confirm:

- Patents works fine

- About has no functionality...

Simple Code attached.

Regards

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,523 Views)

R&D has investigated this issue and confirmed that the About window was unintentionally removed from the run-time resources in LabVIEW 2020. We intend to fix it in LabVIEW 2020 SP1.

This is being tracked by bug 1084343.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 3 of 5
(1,496 Views)

Meanwhile, some developer in Austin, TX is saying, "We coulda skated by with this issue and fixed it before anyone noticed if it wasn't for THAT GUY in the forums!"

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,485 Views)

Unless they only found out about the issue because of "THAT GUY".

Message 5 of 5
(1,480 Views)