LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2020 Secure Websocket Client

Dear all,

I'm trying to find a LabVIEW Websocket Client plugin for LV 2020 that allows me to connect to public Secure Websockets. I've downloaded the Websockets addon from MediaMongrels via VIPM, but this one supports only (ws) websockets without Secure standard (wss).

Afterwards I've found an addon at the MediaMongrels GitHub page, which upgrade their websocket plugin for Secure Websockets (wss). This one doesn't work either and I get handshake errors. I guess I need to fill out the 'Client Certificate Path', but I don't know how.

Does anybody know how to use this Mediamongrels plugin for connecting to public WSS websockets? Especially how to define a correct client certificate?

Or does anyone has got another solution for this purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,208 Views)

I know this post is old at this point, but I managed to get secure websockets working in LabVIEW using the add-on from MediaMongrels. You have to have an SSL certificate for the server and for the client. I created a self-signed certificate for the server and a certificate for the client using openssl just for testing purposes. I'm attaching a PDF that describes what worked for me.  

Hope this helps someone!

Nathan Scharfe
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 2
(317 Views)