LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2019 don't start/run

I normally use LV 2014 but I tried to evaluate the 2019 32 bits version (on Win10)

It don't runs after the Welcome to LabVIEW window - please see picture.

I've already tried to installed it fresh 3 times, with different configurations/options, but I get stuck every time.

Any ideia what it might be?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,148 Views)

LabVIEW traditionally is release the first day of NIWeek, i.e. tomorrow.  Assuming (without evidence) that this is true for LabVIEW 2019, have patience ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,131 Views)

How would waiting for tomorrow resolve what he's seeing? 

Do you still have 2014 installed?  Does it work correctly or have similar behavior?  How long do you wait?  What happens if you open a VI directly from explorer?

Message 3 of 12
(3,106 Views)

It's because we are wondering how you are evaluating a piece of software that hasn't been released yet.

I don't know, maybe NI has gone and published it prior to NI Week.  But our understanding is it gets published when NI Week starts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,091 Views)

You can download it here 

http://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.labview.html#305462

no idea when the link went active

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,085 Views)

Have you tried waiting for 5-10 minutes for the LabVIEW window to respond? If you look at the task manager, does LabVIEW show a high CPU load?

BTW LabVIEW 2019 has been available through NIPM since at least Saturday, if not earlier.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,075 Views)

This version, LabVIEW 2019, was lunched on may 14th.

The Program manager shows the CPU with no load while waiting for the program to open...

Yes, I have tried to wait for more than 5-10 min.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,059 Views)

I predict that sometime during NI Week, when LabVIEW 2019 "officially launches", you will be able to download and install LabVIEW 2019 without problems.  I am not surprised that before this time, it won't install ...  I would also be not surprised if any Beta Testers found that at about the same time (possibly earlier), their Beta installations stopped working.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,037 Views)

I found out that this version of LabVIEW works only if the computer is connected to the internet via Eduroam (inside the school).

If not, it doesn't run.

For an evaluation version is this normal?

Message 9 of 12
(3,004 Views)

I have never heard of Eduroam.  But since you mentioned a school, perhaps it is some technology that blocks access to certain websites.  You might be able to contact whoever administers that system and see if they can whitelist NI.com.

I believe I read sometime a few years ago people with some problems and it was related to the "News Feed" that scrolls across the bottom of the getting started window.  That there is a way to disable that.  If I can find any info on that, I'll post a link here.  But you may want to search on the topic of the news feed yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,960 Views)