LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2019 Installation

Has anyone else tried installing LabVIEW 2019?

Did activation fail?

After the activation failed, were things deactivated that had been working before LV 2019 was installed?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,350 Views)

I described my attempt to install LabVIEW 2019 (on top of 2016, 2017, and 2018) here last week.  I initially got errors, but discovered NIPM was trying to install updates, and when I let it, everything loaded properly and the problem went away.  It still didn't "auto-activate" (despite looking for the "License Number used to install previous versions" -- I had to manually add it again at the last step).  Here's the link ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,315 Views)

After installing (but I think before rebooting) it tried to automatically activate.  I logged in and it said it couldn't activate.  I let it reboot, then started LabVIEW again and this time it activated just fine with my login information.  Maybe it needed that reboot, maybe I needed to try twice, maybe my IT setup acted weird.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,304 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

After installing (but I think before rebooting) it tried to automatically activate.  I logged in and it said it couldn't activate.  I let it reboot, then started LabVIEW again and this time it activated just fine with my login information.  Maybe it needed that reboot, maybe I needed to try twice, maybe my IT setup acted weird.

The automatic activation didn't work for me, even after rebooting.

In the NI Licence Mangager LabView 2019, and the 2019 Application Builder did show up unlicensed.

Fortunately, via the NI package manger, I got a computer ID

With this computer ID, I was able to activate manually  via NI Package Manager using the key I got via:

http://delta.ni.com/nilg-activate/jsp/customer_activate_details.jsp

I had to do something very similar again for the Application Builder, but it worked from "inside" the NI Package manger

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,266 Views)