LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2018 Crash

Hi, I LabVIEW code that I'm developing keeps crashing, when i open one vi. 

DAbort 0x1A7102DF in fpsane.cpp

Version: 18.0f2 (32-bit)

Log Report is attached.

image.png

I would like to know why this particular VI causing LabVIEW Crash

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,539 Views)

Some versions of LabVIEW (LabVIEW 2011, LabVIEW 2018) seem to have "instabilities" that cause these random "We apologize for the Inconvenience" messages.  For me (in LabVIEW 2018), it seems to come as I am closing a Project (it happens before the Close, so when I restart LabVIEW, it informs me it wants to (I forget the term they use, but basically "try to recover from a crash").  In LabVIEW 2011, the problem seemed to be something in the implementation of Network Streams -- I could cause a crash by moving a wire when editing a VI that involved Network Streams!  Boy, was that annoying and mysterious!

With a little bit of luck, (a) they will find the problem in LabVIEW 2018 and release a Patch, and (b) when LabVIEW 2019 is released, it won't have the same problem.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,518 Views)

Yes, LabVIEW crashes when i move a wire and try to save that VI.  I'm calling network stream sub VI.

I tried Copying the whole VI Code in a new VI and saved with a different name and started using the new one.

It is working for now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,494 Views)

Wow -- another "moving wire in editing a VI that involves Network Streams", seven versions of LabVIEW later!  This is totally weird!  I remember hearing at NIWeek 2012 that there was definitely a bug found in Network Streams that may well have been responsible ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,478 Views)

While it appears that you've resolved the problem (probably a corrupt VI, since putting it in a new VI fixed it), I do see on your initial post that it says you're using 18.0f2. 

Just in general it might be a good idea to update to 18.0.1f3, which is SP1 combined with the f3 patch.  If you look in the patch notes, there's at least 9 crash fixes listed in them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,471 Views)