From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\Analysis\2dsp.llb\Power Spectrum (DBL).vi missing in EXE

Hello all,

my vi is calling the following vi as a subVI directly on the blockdiagram.

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\Analysis\2dsp.llb\Power Spectrum (DBL).vi

my vi (which is the calling VI) also its in the always included list in the exe's build settings.

i built an executable, when i run it, its complaining that the Power Spectrum (DBL).vi is not found.

how can u solve this issue

many thanks in advance.

Kudos always welcome for helpful posts 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,359 Views)

Hi @RENN,

General recommendation would be to not include the VIs as "always included" if they already referenced in a static way in top level VI.

Do you observe same situation when you remove VI from "always included"?

Best Regards,
TK
Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,265 Views)

You try to run this on the same computer you built the VI? You have the lvanlys.dll in the data folder inside your executable folder?

As explained by n_dakota already, you do not need to mark a VI as always included, if you call it as subVI in your main program. I don't think it should hurt (at least it didn't for me in the few situations where I forgot to change that setting after a redesign) but it is good to not clutter your application build with such unnecessary settings.

If you don't run this on the same computer than where LabVIEW is installed, you will also need to install the LabVIEW runtime engine and make sure you don't use a slimmed down version but one that explicitly also installs the Intel Math Kernel library which implements the actual advanced analysis routines.

Best thing is to create an installer build specification in LabVIEW, which will usually figure out what additional libraries need to be installed and create an installer that you can use to get everything installed on a different computer.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,261 Views)