LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017 Crashes

Today I started to have some weird problem with my environment. In about 5 hours I've got 36 crashes! How can I found the cause?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(149 Views)

You could start by describing your problem in more than two sentences.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(119 Views)

Laconic because it crashes randomly, no consistent behavior. Some of the cases:

Build in quick drop W (connect nodes),

Saving VI,

Placing constant on the diagram,

Connecting error cluster to the VI,

Moving label on the diagram,

Placing build array on the diagram (with a quick drop),

etc.

As you can see nothing special.

In my project, I use a couple of classes (which based on my experience likes to make LV crash), math script node and a couple of formula nodes. I thought that formula nodes or math script might be a reason for crashes. So, I replaced formula nodes and surrounded math script with disable structure (so it should not be compiled). I cannot get rid of classes. After my changes problem does not disappear.

Can UseUnicode=True in LabVIEW INI be a problem? I was experimenting with this some time ago. But my problem appeared today. However, I had some label on the diagram and the text inside was in Polish. The first crash appeared when I moved this label and the VI, inside I move it, was empty.

After today's battle with LV2017 I moved with my work to freshly installed LV2018 (no playing with LabVIEW INI) and the label, I mentioned, was definitely wrongly rendered (the text goes outside the label frame). I was able to work normally with the same code.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(104 Views)