From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2017 Crashes

Today I started to have some weird problem with my environment. In about 5 hours I've got 36 crashes! How can I found the cause?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,842 Views)

You could start by describing your problem in more than two sentences.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,812 Views)

Laconic because it crashes randomly, no consistent behavior. Some of the cases:

Build in quick drop W (connect nodes),

Saving VI,

Placing constant on the diagram,

Connecting error cluster to the VI,

Moving label on the diagram,

Placing build array on the diagram (with a quick drop),

etc.

As you can see nothing special.

In my project, I use a couple of classes (which based on my experience likes to make LV crash), math script node and a couple of formula nodes. I thought that formula nodes or math script might be a reason for crashes. So, I replaced formula nodes and surrounded math script with disable structure (so it should not be compiled). I cannot get rid of classes. After my changes problem does not disappear.

Can UseUnicode=True in LabVIEW INI be a problem? I was experimenting with this some time ago. But my problem appeared today. However, I had some label on the diagram and the text inside was in Polish. The first crash appeared when I moved this label and the VI, inside I move it, was empty.

After today's battle with LV2017 I moved with my work to freshly installed LV2018 (no playing with LabVIEW INI) and the label, I mentioned, was definitely wrongly rendered (the text goes outside the label frame). I was able to work normally with the same code.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,797 Views)