LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015 installation problems under Windows 10.

When trying to install LabVIEW 2015SP1 under Windows 10, I get 6 errors during installation, and afterwards a message that the installation failed. Attachment Capture.PNG shows one of these error messages. Afterwards, LabVIEW refuses to accept my license code, but is able to start the LabVIEW program. Then again I update LabVIEW 2015SP with patch f10 through NI Update Service. That installation gives me 3 error messgaes, as seen in Capture 1, 2 and 3 attached. The installation ends with a message "Installation failed", and in NI Update service, the Resume button is activated again, giving me the possibility to repeat the operation with the same 3 error messages.

What is this problem with my installation ? Anybody got a clue ?

Martin

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,600 Views)

Can you clarify some things?

• Is any other Version of LabVIEW on this PC?  If so, which (Version and whether 32/64 Bit LabVIEW)?
  • Are you installing from a LabVIEW 2015 Distribution Kit (DVDs or USB Key) or from an NI Download site?
  • What are you trying to install?
    • Are you installing "everything at once"?  or
    • Are you installing just LabVIEW (32 or 64), rebooting, installing a few modules/toolkits, rebooting, then installing drivers?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,561 Views)

No other NI software installed, brand new, untouched computer.

First I tried installation from DVD, everything at once, failed with those errors. Then uninstalling all NI software.

Then I tried the download, only LV2015SP1, same error messages. I use LabVIEW 32 bit version.

I have afterwards turned off Firewall, didn't help. Windows Microsoft Antivirus was turned off by itself, not possible to turn on (??).

Then I have tried tips in article

Error 1935 NI VC2005MSMs x86 Installation Has Failed Occurs During Installation - National Instrumen... 

giving me the new errors attached.

Martin

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,536 Views)

I have also established that I have set myself up as a Local Account Administrator, NOT a Microsoft Account. Microsoft do not like that I use Local Account, and want to create trouble for me. Maybe this is causing the issue ?

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,530 Views)

Now I have also tried to Enable the "Windows Modules Installer " service. That did not help either.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,527 Views)

I tried to install LabVIEW 2021 on the computer, and run into the same kind of error messages. So I strongly suspect it is this issue with using a Local Account Administrator that is the big problem here.

Now, I then tried  set up an account using my job profile, but this fails when Microsoft tries to contact my job to apply company policy, and

management could not be enabled, error code 80180014.

Then I tried creating a personal profile and set up that account on the computer, but then I get a message that I am not allowed to use a personal

account, I can only use my job account or school account. I am not a student.

Microsoft is driving me absolutely nuts with their systems here. They are actually as bad as Apple now, even worse.

What can I do here ???

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,524 Views)

It sounds (to me) like a problem with your PC and Microsoft Windows.  

I don't understand some of the terminology you used to describe your "privileges" under your Windows Software license.  For many years, now, Windows has had two types of "User Accounts", which I will call "Standard" and "Administrator".  In particular, only Administrator accounts had sufficient privileges to install (most) software, and Administrative "rights" were required to write to certain areas of the disk, including C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) where software gets installed.

I suspect you do not have what Windows calls "Admin" Privileges, which means that you cannot install Software, and need to find someone in your organization (PC Support) to do it for you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,502 Views)

Now this can be a big issue, you've installed a pre-NIPM version of LabVIEW (2015) and a post-NIPM version (2021) on the same computer.  From experience, and anecdotal evidence, this can be a very tricky installation, especially if you have uninstall something.  The switch happened at LV 2017.  I'm not even sure what to recommend right now.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,499 Views)

Bob

Microsoft has changed this now under Window 10, and I do have something called a

Local Account with Administrator rights. This means I am not using a Microsoft profile to

log in, and Microsoft want to minimize the possibilities for people to do this, cause it

makes it difficult for them to monitor and log data from the computers.

You can read more about this here;

https://www.lifewire.com/local-vs-microsoft-accounts-in-windows-3507003

Martin

Message 9 of 10
(1,476 Views)

Martin,

Thanks for bringing me "up to date".  A long time ago, I had a Microsoft Live account (and probably still have one), but ever since "more modern Windows" (not sure when this started, possibly as early as Windows 95), I started installing Windows "locally", and avoiding "Microsoft Bundles" (such as Office 365) as much as possible.

I'm now living in a "hybrid" world.  My Work machines are configured one way, my personal machines are configure the other way.  At least (for now) there is still a choice.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,466 Views)