From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015, Windows 10, Configure Xilinx IP not working

Solved!
Go to solution

I realize that LabVIEW 2015 FPGA isn't considered fully compatible with Windows 10, which may answer my question, but I wanted to check: has anyone else been able to successfully configure Xilinx IP in LabVIEW 2015 running on Windows 10? When I drop a Xilinx IP function (such as "Floating Point") on an FPGA block diagram, double click to open the configuration, and then click "Configure Xilinx IP" the progress bar abruptly stops and the window resets ("Configure Xilinx IP" not greyed out, "Next" is greyed out). Does this work for anyone else? Is there something I can do to make it work?

Perhaps on a related note, an FPGA compile that previously worked under Windows 10 suddenly stopped working (I get a compilation error and an error dialog that says "MEM_BAD_POINTER") after my latest changes; the same code compiles fine on the cloud compile service. Is this too a symptom of random incompatibility with Windows 10?

Message 1 of 4
(3,924 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nathand

I had the same problem and my workaround for this was to use another machine with Windows 7 to configure Xilinx IP, and then continue rest of the developement on my own machine (I'm compiling using compile server, so no problem here either). AFAIK, at time when LV 2015 was released, Xilinx itself did not support Windows 10, so that's why compilation tools (which are required for configuration of the IP nodes) are not working. Since then Xilinx tools were updated for Windows 10, but I'm not sure if this updated toolset is used by newer versions of LV.

For the reference, here's the list of compilation tools used by LV:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53056/en/

And here are the releases of the Xilinx Vivado tools:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/vivado-design-tools...

Message 2 of 4
(3,866 Views)

Relevant update: LabVIEW 2018 comes with Vivado 2017.2, which supports Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,150 Views)

I just discovered this issue when trying to deploy a cRIO project from LV2014 on Win10 pro x64 (version 1709). Vivado 2013.4 is what's installed on my system. Upgrading to LV2018 isn't feasible due to the driver versions that I have to maintain for legacy code. Fortunately, NI offers cloud computing for FPGA compilers. My company's VLA and service agreement gives me access to the service. It's a little slower than compiling locally, but it saves me the headache of screwing up my driver version ecosystem.

Hopefully this helps someone else!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,083 Views)