LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2015 RTE on Windows 7 Embedded fails to load (system error 998)

I have a small test application written in LV 2015 that I am trying to get to work on a panel PC with Windows 7 Embedded. I made an installer that installs the run time engine and my program. The install goes fine but when I try to run my program I get "System error 998 while loading the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine C:\Program files\[...]\lvrt.dll"

Is there anyway I can get this to work on Windows 7 Embedded or does LabVIEW just not work with it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,605 Views)

The only weirdness I am doing is disabling SSE2 optimization because the target doesn't support it. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,568 Views)

Did you restart after installing the run-time engine?  I've seen times when I ignored that step and the program would run, partially, or act weird until a restart.

Can you run any programs?  Try making a hello world or some kind of test that isn't your whole application and see if that runs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,559 Views)

Yes I restarted and this program is basically hello world. There are just a couple vis that are mock up screens of my application. I also tried uninstalling all NI software and installing the run time engine by itself then my application but always the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,552 Views)

I have successfully used WES7 PC's (from several different vendors) using LabVIEW 2011 SP1. Doesn't help you with 2015 other than showing it has run on previous versions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,535 Views)

Everything I have read indicates that LabVIEW should work on WES7 providing the right packages are installed, but I don't know what those packages are. I don't suppose you remember which packages were installed for Windows?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,488 Views)

Hi StevenD,

I have a question. Was the application developed in Windows 7? If not, this might be the issue. 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019MeUSAU&l=en-US

-Enhernan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,467 Views)

It was not. It was done in Windows 10. I got ahold of a Windows 7 machine and tried to make an installer from that machine instead but I am still having the same issue, the run time engine fails to load.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,459 Views)

Before running the installer on the W7S. Were you able to run it in the Windows 7 machine? Have you tried in other Windows 7 machines?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,451 Views)