From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2013 Minimum screen resoltion support 640X480??

Hi

I want to use a 5" monitor to run the LabVIEW 2013 Executable on it. So i want to know whether

Any version of LabVIEW run time support resolution 640X480 or not.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,364 Views)

This LV application is built by yourself?

Why is the small screen an issue? AFAIK LV does not require any minimum resolution from the OS.....

EDIT: I think the more important question is: What OS are you using on that machine?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,321 Views)

As Norbert mentioned the UI size is up to the developer.  And actually including a UI is up to the developer too.  There are command line built LabVIEW applications that have no UI at all and are ran with some input, and return some output.  There are also LabVIEW applications that run as a service on servers that run without any login at all.  So the answer is you can make a LabVIEW window as large or as small as you want, it just might be a bit painful developing to such small constraints then deploying to see if it looks alright and adjusting as needed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,280 Views)

Hi

Thank for your Help.

I got my solution after trying it with vi development under 640x480 screen size.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,267 Views)

@bhagi27 wrote:

Hi

Thank for your Help.

I got my solution after trying it with vi development under 640x480 screen size.

I am not sure what you are saying, but developing should not be done at that low resolution. There are plenty of things that won't fit the screen (express panels, build settings, etc.). Once deployed, these restrictions are lifted.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,253 Views)

Norbert_B wrote:

AFAIK LV does not require any minimum resolution from the OS.....

Actually, according to this page, the listed system requirements for screen resolution are 1024x768 (for both the develoment system and run time engine), but I doubt these are hard limits for deployed applications. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,241 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

EDIT: I think the more important question is: What OS are you using on that machine?

Indeed as I believe Windows XP minimum was 800x600 and 7 was 1024x768, 8 and up are even higher minimum resolution.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,240 Views)

RTSLVU wrote:

Indeed as I believe Windows XP minimum was 800x600 .

I did not realize this was the XP minimum and had to look it up.  Apparently you can run in 640x480 in some advanced settings, but I like the answer someone gave on the internet 12 years ago.

xp doesnt show that res as an option because blind people shouldnt be using computers.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,233 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@Norbert_B wrote:

Indeed as I believe Windows XP minimum was 800x600 and 7 was 1024x768, 8 and up are even higher minimum resolution.

Windows 10 (desktop) is 800x600 (details. Limits are different for W10 mobile, server, and IoT editions).

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,232 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

@Norbert_B wrote:

Windows 10 (desktop) is 800x600 (details. Limits are different for W10 mobile, server, and IoT editions).

Right, and I just looked at my Windows 7 machine and I can set it to 800x600 minimum.

1024x600 LCD touch screens with HDMI input are dime a dozen these days so it does not make sence to me to even bother with such a low resoultion display.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,225 Views)