LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2012 f1 Patch crashes

Solved!
Go to solution

I've just installed LabVIEW 2012 and unfortunately I've already run into some troubles.

I received a "Setup has stopped working" when I installed the device drivers.  But the installation appeared to be fine.  LabVIEW started and MAX would open.  I did not try connecting to any hardware yet.

When attempting to install the f1 patch, LabVIEW crashed again.  Subsequent retries net the same thing. 

Has anyone else had this trouble with the patch?   

This is on a Win7 machine with LV 8.6, and 2011 previously installed. 

LabVIEW 2012 f1 Patch Crash.jpg

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,533 Views)

Why do you have LabVIEW open when you are trying to install a patch?  Are you running other versions of LabVIEW when performing the install?  It is highly recommended you are not running anything NI when running installers from NI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,527 Views)

This was running the Updater, which is launched from LabVIEW. 

I have also tried downloading the patch manually and running that without LabVIEW running.  It seems to think the patch has already been installed I guess because it doesn't install anything.....then it crashes when I close it. 

...looking in MAX under software; it appears the patch has been installed.  So maybe it's fine.

---------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,519 Views)

I'd try repairing the patch

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 5
(2,514 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pallen

Even though crashes are being reported, everything seems to be installed correctly.  It just seems like Windows is getting confused when the installer exits.  

This would appear to be a problem with Windows on my machine and not a problem with LabVIEW. 

---------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,482 Views)