LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2009 crash a lot

Call NI often so they are aware of the issues.

In my opinion, the newest versions 9 and 10 of LabVIEW try and do more in the background, and when a background task hangs waiting for user input that it did not display for example.  To reduce background tasks try mass compiling your LabVIEW 9 or 10 installation folder - overnight since it will take quite a while.  That way there will be less stuff left to do in the background.  If you add thrid party stuff, it might also benefit from a proactive mass compile.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(483 Views)

@CalLab wrote:

A small gripe while I am at it:  The new icon editor loses the quick copy and paste of the entire icon from one VI to another - the default control attention is on the text instead - text gets first attention in a drawing tool! After selecting an area, the keyboard arrow buttons don't move the area around requiring tedius single pixel precision mousing instead - this makes it difficult to adjust text and graphics carefully to be readable.  The new icon editor facilitates chosing from a list of pictures nicely but the loss of my favorite productivity features and the slow loading of the icon editor are a high price to pay.

I just saw this thread. 

I had been away from programming LV for a while.  Doing some work using LV2009SP1.  So far, it's stable.

I have to agree with you on the icon editor.  Cpoy & Paste are a pain!  Especially if what you copy has both test and image.  The multi-layers are also a pain.  There should be an option to use the old editor.  The new features will probably give the artist more flexibility, but when you are in a rush, you want the basics to work.. Copy.... then    paste...   Should be simple, right?

I might start a new thread on this topic..

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(472 Views)

Ray.R

The Icon editor source code is writen in labview. No passwords on it. You can modify or remove it and replace with another subvi if needed. There are a couple modified versions out there with added features. I think lavag.org has some icon editor downloads if you want to try them out. http://lavag.org/files/category/2-labview-ide/

- A minute saved is a Minute earned!
Message 23 of 24
(449 Views)

THanks pRoFiT,

I will have a look at it.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(414 Views)