LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2009 SP1 - Incorrect icon in connector pane palette

Solved!
Go to solution

In LabVIEW 2009 SP1 (I don't have 2010 yet to check it) there seems to be a minor bug in the connector pane palette.
One of the connector patters appears twice, but when you select the second one, it shows up as the missing pattern.
I'd post an image, but that function seems to be broken getting through my company's proxy server. So image attached (I hope).

In LabVIEW 2009 SP1 (I don't have 2010 yet to check it) there seems to be a minor bug in the connector pane palette.
One of the connector patterns appears twice, but when you select the second one, it shows up as the missing pattern.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 1 of 6
(2,686 Views)

Very interesting.

Actually LV 8.6 and LV 2010 appear the same way.

How come no one has ever noticed this before now?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,679 Views)

I guess everyone else is using "proper" connector patterns instead of these crazy non-standard ones.Smiley Wink

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 3 of 6
(2,675 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TroyK

This was actually recorded under CAR # 116251 a long time ago. That being said, I can confirm that R&D is aware of it, but I have a feeling that it's rather low on the priority list... Smiley Wink

Caleb Harris

National Instruments | Mechanical Engineer | http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,643 Views)

@Troy K wrote:

I guess everyone else is using "proper" connector patterns instead of these crazy non-standard ones.Smiley Wink

So you must be using crazy non-standard connector panes, or you would not have discovered this bug.  Right? Smiley Wink  Actuall this is a good catch for it to go unnoticed for this long.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,629 Views)

I just noticed this bug and searched for it and found this thread. 

This is still the case in LabVIEW 2011, seems a pretty basic fix not to do it for so long?

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,339 Views)