Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2009 Bug: Listbox Scrollbar Size Setting Lost Upon Saving VI

Please do the following to recreate the problem:

1. Drop a list box

Clipboard01.png

2. Customize the listbox by going to Advanced -> Customize

3. Make the scroll bar bigger.

Clipboard02.png

4. Go to the block diagram and create a property node of the control.

Clipboard03.png

5. Save the VI.

6. Re-open the VI.

7. The scroll bar resets itself to original size.

Clipboard04.png

The problem occurs only when there is a property node. It is very annoying. Is there a way to control the scroll bar size programmatically so we can work around this bug?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,334 Views)
I can confirm the behavior.  Except the scrollbar size returns to normal even if there is no property node on the block diagram.  Making the control a typedef or strict typedef doesn't seem to help either.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,326 Views)

Good Evening tikustanah,

Thank you for taking the time to document this so well and report it to us.  I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.  The appropriate internal documentation to make R&D aware of this behavior (CAR #184089) was filed on August 25, 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,297 Views)

Was this ever corrected or is there a maintainable workaround? I've an application with a few "fat" scrollbars and it's time consuming to resize each of them everytime I need to build for the customer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,788 Views)

Matt,

Just checked in LabVIEW 2010 and the behavior is still there. the CAR listed above was duplicate and was closed since it described the same thing as CAR #48543.

I have tested this in LabVIEW 2010 and it still persists therefore I have added notes to the CAR.

Happy Coding!

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,761 Views)

Eureka!

You'll notice that when the control is built with the VI inside of a project, this behavior does not exist. A good programming practice of building applications within a project is reinforced by this work around. I'll be adding to the CAR to include the notes in different behavior.

Steps to Reproduce Expected Behavior:

1: Create New Project

2: From Project Explorer create new VI

3: Drop List Box

4: Customize

5: Choose to replace with custom control

6: Save & Close

7: Reopen Project

8: Open VI

drumroll.....

9: View that your Custom Control is still custom.

Logan H

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,636 Views)

Checkout this solution...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,576 Views)

I've not verified the autoResizeScrollbars=false token. But I appreciate it.

The LabVIEW project solution does not work. ALL of my source is in projects.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,568 Views)

I would just like to add that neither "AutosizeScrollbar=FALSE" nor "autoResizeScrollbars=false", since LabVIEW engineers have posted them both, seems to have affected the problem for me in LabVIEW 8.6.1f1 (I know I'm outdated). Was this switch (switches?) added in LabVIEW 2009?

As of right now, I still don't have a decent workaround for this. Has anyone else come up with anything in the 3 years since this bug was posted?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,191 Views)

Ian,

I just accidently posted the below to the other thread referenced.  I'm reposting it here as well:

I first reported this behavior (well, alright, I was using a table control/indicator, not the MCL) back in LabVIEW 8.0.  The discussion thread can be found on the LAVA forums, starting September 14, 2006.  In that discussion, Scott Menjoulet and jhoskins seemed to be able to work around it with the "custom control in a project fix", but I could never get that to work, at least not when I built the custom table into an executable.  I filed a bug report on the next beta cycle, but I can't find my old bug reports/CARs online anymore.

But I'm reasonably certain it's been an identified bug since 8.5.

Dave 

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,178 Views)