LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVEIW-created executable won't connect to NI DAQ

From looking at your VI, all you will need is the LabVIEW Run Time Engine, and the DAQmx driver. The main thing is to be sure your devices are all named the same on your computers, unless you change the executable to allow for selection of the devices. It appears the issue was in the configuration the DAQ assistant in your executable was looking for did not match what it found on your computer (ie the missing scales). Let me know if adding those scales resolves the issue.

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,268 Views)

Instead of trying to manually re-create settings on one PC, maybe try going into NI-MAX, and using File->Export to create a .NCE file with all of the settings, and then import that .NCE on the second PC.  The only time I'e had issues after doing that was when I was using vastly different versions of NI-MAX (4+ major version numbers apart).

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,253 Views)

The issue is that it was an old work computer, so I no longer have access to it. I'll probably have to install the LabVIEW with the 30 day trial and do that. 

How to I export an NCE file and how to I import that to the executable? 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,233 Views)

So I downloaded LabVIEW and went to go try to reconfigure the DAQ Assistant, but it wont let me open it to view it, I just get the attached error. I'm not sure what the file location is refering to (since it looks like it's refering to the file as a folder?). Is there something I'm missing to just edit it?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,221 Views)

The DAQ assistant comes with the DAQmx driver. If you install DAQmx 16.0 you should be able to open up the assistant.

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,217 Views)