cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LW 2011 - Installer - add entire files tree to installation folder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

How can we do that in LabView 2011? It was possible with LW 8.x.

I have 100 files in differents folders that I want to add to the data folder with my installer. How I do that now?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,683 Views)

Hi,

You can do this under Destination in the Installer. There you can add folders, which are created on the target. Under Source Files you can add your files to the folders you've created. Enclosed you will find a small screenshot. 

Cheers,

Philip

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,646 Views)

That's not what I mean.

In "Source Files" I would like to drag a folder to my.exe data support directory. A folder. Before that was possible and there is no way to add a folder. It's just file by file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,628 Views)

For example on the screen, I can't add the data folder. When I select it, the blue array to right is grayed. Why? Otherwise how can I add a folder of files in my installer?

LW_Add_data_fail.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Walker34

Ah sorry this is not possible in LV2011. You can add only auto-populating folders. This is what you can read in the LV Help:

Add—Adds a file to the Destination View. Before you click the Add button, select a file in the Project Files View and a folder in the Destination View. You can add only auto-populating folders, but you can add multiple files at the same time.

Cheers,

Philip

Message 5 of 6
(2,602 Views)

Ah ok, thx Phips!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,596 Views)