LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVRTE install leaves out libraries

I am attempting to test an executable that I have built. I need a clean environment so I am using Virtual PC. To run the executable I have to install the LabVIEW Run-time Engine on the VM. So I run lv82runtime.msi off the installation CD (found at D:\Products\LabVIEW_Runtime_Engine_82\lv82rte). Then I attempt to run the executable and it works. However I have a waveform graph on the front panel that does not show the signal I have wired to it. The graph shows up but there is no waveform on it at all.

I know the graph works because I have tested it before I built the executable. So then I tried creating an installer with the same executable that fouled up. I installed that on the same system and it works perfectly, even the wafeform graph.

So this isn't really a problem for me because I can simply create an installer instead of separately installing the LVRTE and then running my executable. But I still find it curious that the waveform graph doesn't work unless I build an installer. I can only guess that possibly there are a few libraries left out of the LVRTE.

Ideas?

Kyle
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,146 Views)
No, the run-time engine does not include everything that an application might need. The rte does not include any hardware drivers (i.e. DAQmx, VISA, GPIB, etc). It does not include the external dlls that LabVIEW uses (i.e. lvanalys.dll). You don't mention what you are using to create the signal that is supposed to be displayed on the graph so I wouldn't want to speculate on what component you needed but creating an installer is always the best way to distribute an app.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,142 Views)