LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVOOP Custom Probe Question

Hello,
  I just read up a lot about custom probes and want to use them in a class system I set up.  I wanted to have the parent class be the only one that actually has a probe, as it can call a method vi to get some dynamic information with no problem.  I set it up, and the general probe of the parent class works great in the parent class, but it doesn't get called when I probe any of the child classes.  Is this how it should be working?  I already set the probe in the parent class properties to use the custom probe, and I don't want to have to make a bunch of child probes.   I wanted to have the probe only be a part of the class because if it is outside the class, the probe will load with labview, along with the children classes, which adds up to about 1000 VIs that get loaded, all for a probe I may not use unless I am using the class. 

Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,572 Views)
Hi Britoa,

I found that this is a known bug.
This was reported to R&D (# 46P7BRWS
) for further investigation. Thanks you for reporting it though. We are always working to improve LabVIEW.
Nick R
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,554 Views)
Thanks for the reply.  I take it there are no known workarounds to the problem yet?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,546 Views)
Unfortunately there is not a workaround at this time. The situation is that the way it works now is the way it was intended to work, but R&D is aware that it would make more sense to work the way you have described, where the chile would inherit the custom probe from the parent.
Nick R
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,527 Views)