LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVDT meaurements

Hello all,

I have a question for you guys and need some advice, right now I'm doing an application to acquire the signal from a LVDT, this device has 76 mm total travel and its excitation voltage is from 0 to 5 V, I'm using the NI 9221 module to acquire the Voltage signal generated by the instrument and checked with a block gages the readings and corresponding values in milimeters. However the signal generated it's a kind of noisy, I've trying different filters in order to atenuate it, but still noisy. Does anybody here have an idea on how to proceed to clean up the signal?

I will really appreciate your help on this

Regards

SergeArmz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,413 Views)

Hello SergeArmz,

Thanks for using the NI forums! Do you have an oscilloscope so that you can compare the generated signal in both the oscilloscope and in the Measurement and Automation Explorer? How are you connecting your LVDT sensor to the 9221? Do you have any diagram?

Regards!

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,345 Views)

Hello LuisE_C thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately I don't have an oscilloscope to compare my signal, but I will let you know how am I connecting the LVDT to the NI 9221. what I'm doing is to connect the signal (voltage wire) of the LVDT to the input AI0 and the negative wire to the COM input both on the NI 9221. I have the total amplitud in Volts that the LVDT can handle, in this case it is from 0 to 5 V, in terms of distance it is from 0 mm to 76 mm. So I excite the LVDT with a power supply at 5 V, so when moving the LVDT you can see the variation on the time waveform for voltage, however the signal is very noisy, and tried different filters to clean it up, but I was not able to have any success. As I said the application is doing its purpose well, my concern is the noise on the signal...Any idea on this?

thanks a lot!

SergeArmz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,317 Views)