LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV8.5 upgrade totally screwed up my calculator express vi's !?

Hi Jeff,

I attached an example with an express formula block saved in LabVIEW 8.2.1, which I used for evaluation of the behavior (see screenshot).

Opening the VI in LabVIEW 8.5 automatically converts the 'Result' terminal to I32.

Message Edited by SFK on 10-24-2007 10:09 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(741 Views)

Probably redundant after SFK's post, but here's my original vi as well.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(729 Views)
I apologize, we went through a lot of effort so that you wouldn't get different results when upgrading, to the point where just now I didn't even think to try a simple test case like that as I was sure we'd tested that, but clearly this is something we overlooked.  Smiley Sad

This was reported by Sebastian to R&D (4EM7J8WQ) for further investigation - it seems the document ID numbers must change slightly as they get replicated across the ocean.  *shrug*
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(711 Views)

This was reported to R&D (#4EM7J8WQ) for further investigation.

Sorry for the duplication of posts, we want to be sure that any bugs discovered are tracked correctly!

Mike D.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(655 Views)

SFK wrote:
I have verified the strange behavior of LabVIEW 8.5. The crude wiring issue is already known (CAR 4A6A828P), for the 'Result' terminal representation I have just filed CAR 4EM6ISWQ.

Small correction, for tracking purposes - The CAR filed was actually 4EM7J8WQ (not 4EM6ISWQ).

Roy
Message 15 of 15
(612 Views)