LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV8.2 NIReport.llb can't run on LV2015/Windows 10

I have LV8.2 version of the NIReport.llb in my LV8.2 code and have problem when I tried opening the VI in LV2015 running Windows 10. I tried installing LV8.2 on a Windows 10 in an attempt to solve this problem and that won't work. I also tried copying the LV8.2 NIReport.dll into LV2015 and that didn't work either. Is there a way to make the LV8.2 NIReport.dll work in LV1015/Windows 10? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(923 Views)

Something doesn't quite look right. The Standard Format was removed in LabVIEW 2018 so the Report Generation Toolkit in your LabVIEW 2015 installation should still be similar to the one in 8.2. Why did you try to replace the one in LabVIEW 2015 with the old one in the first place?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(919 Views)

I did a side by side and notice quite a few files from the 8.2 version that are not in the 2015 version. Also in 8.2 it is a .llb "file" named NIReport.llb, but in 2015 it is a folder named NIReport.llb, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Reason I tried copying the 8.2 LLB file onto LV2015 is because when I tried opening in LV2015, it was looking for files that are not in the LV2015 LLB folder.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(910 Views)

And what sort of files was it looking for that it could not find?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(905 Views)

These files are in 8.2 NIReport.llb file but not in 2015 NIReport.llb folder.

Generate Report Get Data.vi

Generate Report Get Data to Modify.vi

Generate Report Set Modified Data.vi

Once I copied 8.2 NIreport.llb onto LV2015 \vi.lib\Utility folder then I can open the VI but with error.

I am working the issues right now, and will get back with you if I am stuck. Thank you for your quick response.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(869 Views)

You shouldn't be modifying anything in the vi.lib folder!  These are things installed by NI, and if you mess with them, the least that will happen is maybe you make it work for you, but screw everyone else that uses LabVIEW on that station.  The worst is that you make it so NO ONE can use LabVIEW on that station.  Also, this makes your code totally non-portable.  You will now only be able to work on your code on that workstation.

This is BAD.  Instead of mucking around where you shouldn't, you should've come here when you first had the problem.  You wouldn't try to solve a Windows 10 issue by copying files from your Windows 7 system32 folder to your Windows 10 system32 folder, would you?  At least, not without a specific instruction from someone who knew what they were doing, at least.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(866 Views)

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your input. So I uncopied the LV8.2 NIReport.llb file from LV2015 and now I am back to having issue opening my VI because of those missing files. Where do I go from here?

Regards,

Bao

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(820 Views)

@bdnguyen wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your input. So I uncopied the LV8.2 NIReport.llb file from LV2015 and now I am back to having issue opening my VI because of those missing files. Where do I go from here?

Regards,

Bao

Sorry, Bao:

This is super-tricky, and one reason why I don't use the Report Generation Toolkit (RGT).  It is very tightly coupled to the MS Office version on your computer.  I'm guessing the missing VIs got deprecated in favor of some new ones.  See if you can find functional equivalents in the new RGT and replace the old VIs with the new ones.  That's all I can offer at the moment.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(815 Views)