LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV7 hangs: opening VIs with matlab scripts

I am using Labview 7.0, and am having problems when trying to open certain VIs after
my computer crashed while Labview was open.  I am able to open most VIs, but cannot
open any VIs that contain Matlab scripts.   Labview hangs, and returns no errors. 
I tried opening these same VIs on another computer, and they seemed to work fine.

Has anyone run into this problem before?  Should I reinstall Labview and Matlab?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,376 Views)

Hiii christine,

Did you mean that the VIs with the MATLAB script are working fine in the other systems? because there is a default problem in the LabVIEW 7.0, there is a bug in the communication of LabVIEW with MATLAB in this verson of LV, this bug has been solved in the version 8 and after, so it could happen that thid could be a problem of this communication lack.

Pls tell me if these vis are working fine in another system, and it could also be a problem of LV installation, it is possible that LV is not installed properly.

Hope this helps.

Reply me with the positive reply.Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,371 Views)
Hello Christine and Nishant,
          I agree that it would help to upgrade.  If that is not possible and the VIs won't open in LV 7.0 on one machine only, than I recommend repairing LabVIEW.  Please post one of the VIs that will not open on the LV 7.0 machine.

Thanks,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,352 Views)