LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2020 Flatten to String ignoring Prepend Size input?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm not sure if I've stumbled into a bug or what.

In LabVIEW2020 it would seem the Flatten to String function is entirely ignoring the "Prepend Array or String Size" input and completely defaults to not including it, regardless of what is wired up (note the default behavior is documented as being set to TRUE).

Can I get another pair of eyes on this to let me know if I'm crazy or not?

skaley_0-1627661047017.png

I stumbled into this when a LabVIEW 2019 app sent me data over the network with the size prepended. When I went to unflatten, I got error 74: Memory or data structure corrupt. (Note the data did have size prepended from the 2019 flatten). While not depicted in my example, this tells me that the 2020 unflatten is also not adhering to the prepend size input.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,058 Views)

I tried it on a string and an array of strings and it seems to prepend correctly

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,046 Views)

When inside the cluster or an array, the array and string sizes are always included.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,042 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skaley

Please ignore me. I was writing an array and trying to read a single cluster.

😐

Message 4 of 5
(1,032 Views)

@skaley wrote:

Please ignore me. I was writing an array and trying to read a single cluster.

😐

Takes great courage to admit a mistake instead of disappearing from the topic.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,015 Views)