LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2014 Prompt for reversion issue

Hey folks-

http://i.imgur.com/muCEIq0.png

Ive been developing some drivers recently and Ive been getting this message a number of times.  I'm not sure if I don't understand why, or if somethings different in 2014?  I've clicked revert everytime and clicked through the warning message about changes being lost, after which nothing appears changed or lost at all in any of the vi methods ref'd...  I'm not clicking "defer decision" or anything when I close any of these methods (vis). 

Am I correct in saying that you usually get this error if you edit the vi and close it without saving it, then grab it from file or out of the project/lib? 

Anyone else getting these msgs in LV2014?  Or do I not understand exactyl why I'm getting them?  

Thx in advance

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,996 Views)

Pat,

Are you using LabVIEW 2014 or 2014 SP1? What operating system are you using? What kind of driver development are you doing?

Kirk L. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(2,943 Views)

I beleive it's 2014  (14.0) not SP1, the about doesnt show any "SP1")    ...perhaps I should upgrade and see if the msg continues...

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,903 Views)

Pat,

Are you getting this error with only one VI, or multiple VIs? What libraries are they a part of? Did you create these VIs? Are they subVIs in a larger application you're developing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,864 Views)

multiple vis, part of a library of parent>child classes, and in two different lvlibs structured the same way.   The lvlibs have not been associated with one another yet at all, but they will be implemented in one large framework.

Next time it happens I'll post the details of the VIs it refs and the associated heirarchy...

Thx

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,854 Views)

Yeah, those VI details would be very useful.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,821 Views)