From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2011 bug - Error wired to boolen function breaks when saving for previous version

Solved!
Go to solution

@Norbert B wrote:

Saving VIs to previous versions does not change the BD itself. The requested functionality would require BD analysis and inserting (per scripting) an unbundle into the error wire. This is a complete new functionality, at least i am not aware that this is happening anywhere else....

It's true that saving for previous version would need to change the BD. But earlier versions of LV did that (try e.g. saving an in place element structure back to LV8.0 --> it adapts the code so the functionality stays the same).

So I would consider it a bug.

Also, saving for previous version for some elements shows a warning (e.g. the Increment which didn't have an output configuration in earlier LV versions). So both code replacement and warnings are possible, but it seems this was forgotten for this new feature.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,006 Views)

Ok, i stand corrected (obviously).

Nevertheless, you should kudo Steve's idea since it is a good way to improve LV. Even if it is not solved as bug (still not sure, if the term "bug" really hits the point though.....), it might get an eye and will be "corrected".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(995 Views)

This is odd.....

i believe you, Steve, that you encountered this behavior. Nevertheless, my LV 2011 behaves differently:

LV2011BooleanError.PNG becomes this when downconverting to LV 2010: LV2010BooleanError.PNG

I was just going to file a CAR on this, but it seems that it is working as expected. Can you please verify (and all others as well)?

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(980 Views)

I can verify that what happened in steve's VI also happened in mine.

Error.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(974 Views)

So it makes a difference whether an OR or an AND is used?

Message 15 of 18
(971 Views)

I cannot verify this right now. I only have LabVIEW 2010SP1 at work. I have 2011 only at home.

Edit: I only tried this with OR. Unmarking the solution until there are further details.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(968 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SteveChandler

@dan_u wrote:

So it makes a difference whether an OR or an AND is used?

Thanks for pointing out. THIS is really a bug (inconsistent functionality with different operators)!

Filed CAR 310687 for this.

thanks,
Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(961 Views)

CAR 310687 is a duplicate of CAR 307993.  If you want to check the status of this CAR, make sure you ask about 307993

-- Mike
Message 18 of 18
(921 Views)