From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2010 Build Application: Error 1498 occurred at Get LV Class Default Value.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create an application (exe) file with LabVIEW 2010 Professional Development System SP1 (32 bit). The operating system is Windows 7 Professional (64-bit). Unfortunately I am getting this error, when I click on 'Build Specifications/New/Application (EXE):

error screen shot

Here is the complete error message

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Library has errors. Fix the errors before attempting this operation.

Complete call chain:
     Get LV Class Default Value.vi
     AB_UI_Initialize_Framework.vi
     AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi
     AB_CreateNewWizard_Invoke_CORE.vi

EBUIP_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi
     EBUIP_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

LabVIEW attempted to load the class at this path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\AppBuilder\AB_Classes\Build\UI\AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass

The file is definitely available.

Well, here is also the code 🙂

test code

Do you know what is going on? I guess it cannot be so complicated to build an executable. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks, Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(5,414 Views)

Hi Nick

Is the given error specific to this particular VI or does it occur for all VI's ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(5,409 Views)

The VI doesn’t matter. I was working on a VI for serial port communication. I needed an executable version of it and tried to compile it. The Application Builder shows then exactly the same error. Then I decided to try something very simple, just to make sure it works. Unfortunately this doesn’t work also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(5,398 Views)

Chembo,

Im sorry you have encountered this error. Error 1498 and the behavior you are experiencing may require a repair of LabVIEW. This appears sometimes in 2010 and was on the scheduled fixes for 2010SP1. You can upgrade here:

http://digital.ni.com/src.nsf/home?OpenForm

🙂 I hope that gets you going

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(5,391 Views)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the link. I can find Service Pack 1 on this location, but I have already SP1 installed on my PC. Actually, the LabVIEW installation DVD came already with SP1. Is the download revision newer?

Here is the screen shot of my LabVIEW:

LabVIEW SP1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,384 Views)

Depending on when you installed LabVIEW 2010SP1 the one on the website may be a newer build 🙂

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,382 Views)

Unfortunatelly the SP1 download didn't help. I started the installation, but it finished pretty fast and I am getting exactly the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Nick

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,373 Views)
Solution
Accepted by chembo

Hmmm you could try doing a repair of LabVIEW. Go to start > control panel > add and remove programs > National Instruments > modify (repair) LabVIEW. This will go through and make sure it has the correct paths to the application builder. Let me know if that works 🙂

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 8 of 16
(5,366 Views)

I cannot find 'add and remove programs'. Just kidding; it is now 'Programs and Features' in Windows 7. I didn't know this also.

I started the repair for the Service Pack 1 (SP1) and it works Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help,

Nick

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,354 Views)

hahah wll played! 

Good Im glad your up and running! 🙂

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos