From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV wants to install NI DSC Commontools 2014

Not sure where to post this. I've never seen anything like it.

Since yesterday when I start LV it comes up with an installation window attempting to install NI DSC Commontools 2014. I have to press cancel twice to get it to stop. I already tried deleting the LV configuration file and checking startup in msconfig. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,123 Views)

Hi Paul,

The DSC_Common_Tools component is only included with the DSC Module (Datalogging and Supervisory Control). Do you have this installed?

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,063 Views)

LV2013 DSC was installed but not activated. I removed it.

It doesn't ask for the DSC Common Tools anymore. Now it wants the disk with LV8,5 runtime engine. 

Smiley Indifferent

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,025 Views)

Hi Paul,

Glad that resolved the odd DSC component.... but now it saying it needs 8.5 RTE is another oddity. Do you have a program that would need the RTE? Whether that program is a VI or a compiled executable.

When does this new pop-up window occur?

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,996 Views)

I had 8.5 installed on this machine and removed it. I still get the request for the disk to install 8.5 runtime engine. This is absolutely bizarre.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,974 Views)

Paul,

That is pretty odd. Is there any chance you stil have a custom application that uses the LabVIEW 8.5 Run-Time Engine?

Another thing you can try is opening up Programs and Features -> National Instruments Software. Do you see anything on this list related to NI LabVIEW 8.5?

Andrew T.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,958 Views)