From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV slows down extremely when having large contents in clipboard

Hello to all participants,

let me, as the initiator of this discusssion, close this with the following ....
As Jochen mentioned, he, and i also had never before this effect.
My reason for the upcoming of this is, that the way how user works changes
dramatically. In earlier times there wasnt that amount of multimedia and even not on
measurement pc. Now each pc has several tasks.
 because of the processor power we use them as measurement AND office and ......
whatever pc too.
So its a change in user behavoir which cannot easyly been forseen.
I ever recognized that NI was very quick in adaption to changes in whatever reqirements.

Let me thank all the people of NI for this. Thats the reason why we choose to go with NI.

Best regards
and a Merry Christmas
Hartmut Jacobi 
Message 11 of 23
(6,237 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Hi Jochen,

I appreciate you stepping forward and being upfront with us about what is happening here. Knowing wha the issue is, is half the battle.Smiley Happy

What is an effective technique for minimizing or clearing the clipboard so I could code around this issue?

Ben

You could execute the VISRV Clear Clipoard,vi (LabVIEW 7.1) in the attached archive. This will probably just remove the contents of the clipboard and may be annoying to a user since he doesn't usually expect the clipboard contents to just disappear unless he explicitedly did a Copy, Cut or Clear action.

Or you could also use the other library clipbrd.llb (LabVIEW 6.0 and higher) in the archive which is Windows only but contains a rather extensive set of functions to copy and paste bitmaps and text to and from  the clipboard and also otherwise control it. You could then extract the cli[bopard contents, store it somewhere and clear it to put it back later on, although that will have its own implications as the user may in the meantime already have put something else in the clipboard.

As to if this is just a changed user behaviour I'm not really sure. I believe LabVIEW did use delayed clipboard handling in the past where it only synchronized with the external clipboard when a user requested a clipboard action or Windows informed LabVIEW that it needs a previously notified clipboard change to appear now in the clipboard since another application requested it. But if I'm not mistaken, this had some other difficulties and problems so it may have been that LabVIEW recently changed its behaviour to fix those problems.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 12-16-2005 10:23 AM

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 12 of 23
(6,235 Views)
Hi there,
I just wanted you all to know that this issue is known within NI and is something that is taking a long time to work out because it is part of a larger implementation in the LabVIEW code itself. I assure you though they are working to fix the issue - so expect to see it in future versions of LabVIEW. See this post. Thanks!

Stephanie

Message Edited by Stephanie J on 06-06-2007 07:48 AM

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(5,858 Views)

HI Stephanie,

Could you please post the CAR associated with this issue?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(5,852 Views)
CAR ID: 3YJ87JCM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(5,847 Views)

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(5,843 Views)

Dear Rolf Kalbermatter,

Sorry for just giving you single Kudos...:(

Very Very useful and Important post and attached sub functions.

Thanks a ton...

Hemant

India

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(4,323 Views)

New Version of the library in LabVIEW 2009 with adaptations to work for LabVIEW for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit.

Also changed the license from GPL to BSD 3-clause.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 18 of 23
(1,680 Views)

Yessss!!!!!

Thankyou Rolf , you saved my day.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,237 Views)

Hi Rolf,

I'm having an issue with colors.

I thought was because of the resize function I used, but now i believe the color table produced by this library is not correct.

Original:

PincoG_0-1682603240423.png

After passing thru clipboard:

PincoG_1-1682603470359.png

the code:

CLIP Read.png

generate preview.png

 What do you think about it?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,199 Views)