From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV installer with RTE no restart

In Windows 8 after running installer built using LV which includes installing the Run Time Engine the PC will restart automatically.

I want this not to happen.

I have checked the setup.ini for relevant keys but couldn't find anything.  Is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,613 Views)

Hi battler, 

You must restart your computer to complete the LabVIEW Run Time Engine installation.  I've included a link to a White Paper that walks through each step of this installation process in detail.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11024/en/ 

Am I correct that the window in the last screenshot is the one you are seeing, or is that window being skipped and Windows restarting without any prompt?

Also, which version of the LabVIEW Run Time Engine are you installing?

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,567 Views)

Windows is not prompting and restarting on its own; Windows 8 anyway.

LV 2014 I'm using.

I need to run the application I'm installing while Admin rights are elevated right after the installation.

What I'm doing is running an exe (call after installation) which checks for .Net framework.  If no .Net then run .Net exe (the PC restarts though).  If .Net is installed then start My App.

Without this two step exe call after installation (if only calling My App) then the PC does not restart without warning.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,563 Views)

Hi battler, 

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you are doing here.  

Are you checking for the .NET framework in your installer, your application, or is it a separate process altogether?

At which point does the PC restart in this process?  Does it restart without warning after installing your application, after checking for .NET, or after installing .NET?

What program are you using to check for and install .NET?  Is this a program from Microsoft, or an application you have developed?

Regards,
Kelly B.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,519 Views)