LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV error on Windows 7 with NI Gmath VI

Hi all,

See the below error message displayed during installation of an installer we built using LV 2018.

This error seems to appear only for Windows 7 machines.  Do you know how I can fix it?  Shall I find this NI math IV we're using and change some setting then rebuild?

If so, which setting?  What is happening here?

LV Error on Windows 7.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,081 Views)

A Web search for Windows 7 SSE returned a number of hits about a recent Microsoft update for Windows 7 that have titles like "Microsoft unexpectedly drops support for Windows 7 on some older processors".  If this is the case with the systems you are trying to build (ask yourself if they were originally Windows XP machines that were "migrated" to Windows 7 when support for Windows XP was dropped), then you might need to replace the PC with one only 6-7 years old ...

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 16
(3,041 Views)

Hi Battler,

I suggest you find all the instances of the VIs that are giving you issues. When you do that, right-click them and select "Replace with SubVI Contents..." This will change the function into its primitives. Once you do that for all the VIs that are failing, try rebuilding your application again. 

Please let us know if it works. 

Regards,

Enrique

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,020 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding checking SSE support for hardware.  I don't think this is it.  One of the customers PCs (specs screenshot below) they tell me was always running Windows 7 Professional SP1 but still has the issue.  It appears to be a well-spec'd PC.

8HYHhvc89Xqfn9pqXHU0ONpiZEfieUhnxw.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,012 Views)

@EnHernan wrote:

Hi Battler,

I suggest you find all the instances of the VIs that are giving you issues. When you do that, right-click them and select "Replace with SubVI Contents..." This will change the function into its primitives. Once you do that for all the VIs that are failing, try rebuilding your application again. 

Please let us know if it works. 

Regards,

Enrique

I guess I will have to try this however, this requires that I rebuild the exe and distribute to the customer with the issue.  But if it doesn't resolve then I guess they won't be happy; so not ideal.  Unless we can be sure this is the issue?

Thanks again for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,011 Views)

Hi Enrique,

This can't be a good practical solution as this fills the calling VI BD with the BD of the failing VI.

Does anyone know what is LV VI Error 1?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,000 Views)

LabVIEW load error code 1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,999 Views)

Try "Disconnect Type Defs" in the build spec.   There is a nasty Strictly Typed VI Ref ctl

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\gmath\NumericalOptimization\LM model function reference.ctl

that is used to call av vi by ref down it the bowels of 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2018\vi.lib\gmath\NumericalOptimization\Constrained Nonlinear Curve Fit.vi

Which IS a polymorphic VI that adapts to type.

Try also finding where you call that and show the poly selector and select your instance then check remove unused polys in the build

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 16
(2,993 Views)

I have the same problem. I tested all of your suggestions without success. The application works on windows 10 but not on windows 7 SP1. I have LV2018. Now I will remove all LV installations from computer and install just my application. Hope It will work.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,821 Views)

Unfortunately It doesn't help. If anyone has any suggestion please help. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,812 Views)