LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV communication with lab equipment slows down after one run HOWEVER...

The problem I am having right now is that the communication between the lab equipment being automated and LabVIEW slows down by ALOT after completing one run. For example, I first open LV and my .vi, I press run, it will be fine. However, after the code is done, I press run again, it will take forever to finish because it takes a while before the equipment does anything...

The ONLY known fixes I have currently is to add a delay at the very end of the code, so it doesn't finish executing and sits there. By doing this, I can push stop, and run it again and again and it'll be fine.   Another fix is to exit out of LV completely and open it again, doing this will allow me to run the code completely ONCE then it'll go into the same issue again.

Have anyone experienced this or know how to fix it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,995 Views)

Fairly impossible to help you with this without seeing your code.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,994 Views)

Think I solved the issue. At the very end of my code, it sends a reset command via VISA with GPIB to another device to reset it before stopping the program. The problem is that the device isn't on beucase I'm not using it but I forgot about that piece of code at the end.   Is there a specific reason for why this happens, other then labview sending a command to something that is not on?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,973 Views)

@BurningH34t wrote:

Think I solved the issue. At the very end of my code, it sends a reset command via VISA with GPIB to another device to reset it before stopping the program. The problem is that the device isn't on beucase I'm not using it but I forgot about that piece of code at the end.   Is there a specific reason for why this happens, other then labview sending a command to something that is not on?

Thanks again!

VISA is propbably just timing out.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,970 Views)